Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dairy Girl

Dairy Girl
12" by 12" original oil on 3/4 inch canvas with sides painted

325.

SOLD

Day two of the 30 day challenge....just kidding.  I seemed to have misplaced a couple of weeks!  I have decided to skip this group challenge and set up my own in the near future.  In the meantime, I have been painting up a storm.  Some paintings are lesson plans for my class at Michael's and those paintings are not for sale.  Another group of large paintings are for my show in November at the Barnes winery in Hamilton, Virginia.  It is scheduled for the 23rd and will be a show dedicated to my paintings!  I am really excited about it and will be posting more information in the coming weeks.  This is my all time favorite cow to paint.  She helped inspire my journey of painting cows and her curiosity that brought her to the fence on the night we all were standing around the bonfire, toasting one another in Valentia, Ireland, and  planning out our late night painting session in Barbara's studio.  She wanted to see what those crazy artists were up to on a summer night where the sun doesn't set until near 11 o'clock.  I like the white of her fur reflected all the colors of twilight.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

Roxanne Steed said...

She is the famous one! I remember 'talking' with her!, though I didn't see her on my recent visit! Perhaps she's been mooved to another pasture?

Unknown said...

Sure hope so! Wish I could have been on this last retreat! It looks like you had fun and your paintings have been beautiful!!